Aside from expanding our fellowship program this year, we are also looking for passionate and committed professionals to join our growing team!
The Kaya Co. Development Director will be responsible for all fundraising initiatives and activities of Kaya Collaborative. He/she will be responsible for the development and implementation of the annual development plan including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters, designing and implementing fundraising programs/events, and researching/writing grant proposals providing evaluation reports as required. The role will also involve:
- Building relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Creating a fund development plan to support the strategic direction of Kaya Collaborative
- Overseeing the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan
- University degree and 2-5 years of fundraising and/or development work experience (experience on event management and is a plus)
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and database management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines
- values-driven: demonstrating commitment and critical thinking regarding the common good
- entrepreneurial spirit: the ability to act independently and creatively in the face of limited resources and a changing environment interest in issues of: migration, development, activism, culture & ethnicity, and/or models of social innovation and social change.
Given the makeup of our team, our operating budget, and our current stage of growth, junior-level candidates with significant entrepreneurial and leadership experience are especially encouraged to apply!
For interested individuals, please send your CV and cover letter to Katrina (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Kaya Co. Development Director Application” in the subject line.